[Buddha-l] Aung San Suu Kyi and the latest Burmese prosecutions

Ben Carral info at bcarral.org
Wed May 20 16:30:15 MDT 2009

On Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 10:29:40 PM, Kdorje wrote:

> I think that's democratic. Don't you? Just a thought.

   This has been quite funny. Thank you. :-)

   IMHO,  the  problem  with  consensus  is  that, like
Ortega  y  Gasset  said  in _The Revolt of the Masses,_
"The  thing  is suspicious, because people don't use to
agree if not about things that are a little wicked or a
little silly" (I'm translating from the original).

   I  would recommend Erich Fromm's _The Sane Society._
It  has  something  to  say  about  mass conformism and
disguised authoritarianism.

   Best wishes,

   Ben (Oviedo, Asturias, Spain)