[Buddha-l] Aung San Suu Kyi and the latest Burmese prosecutions

Ben Carral info at bcarral.org
Wed May 20 16:14:53 MDT 2009

On Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 11:29 PM, Richard wrote:

>>> Zen  is  irrational authoritarianism from beginning
>>> to end.

>> Do you have any reason to believe in that way? Or do
>> you  expect that we believe you just because you say
>> so?

> If  I cared to persuade others to see things as I do,
> I  would  provide  reasons. Since that is not my aim,
> however,  I  simply offer my own conclusions based on
> some thirty years of observation and let others judge
> to what extent my observations conform to their own.

   Since  I  have  known  some  Zen  masters  who where
rational   authorities,   I  must  conclude  that  your
observation   has   been   quite   limited  or  wrongly
interpreted. These masters have been lovely authorities
who  have  helped  me  to become competent by myself. I
have   also   some   so-called  Zen  masters  who  were
irrational  authorities,  i.  e.,  they  mainly explote
their acolytes.

   BTW,  I'm interested in knowing how do you test your
university  students.  Do  you decide their marks in an
authoritarian   fashion?  Or  do  you  decide  them  by
consensus?

   Best wishes,

   Ben (Oviedo, Asturias, Spain)