[Buddha-l] Society

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed May 20 16:26:29 MDT 2009

Yes it's true that Marx was indeed deluded by the myth of
progress.
He also did not foresee the madness that would be caused by
industrialization, which he thought was a good thing.  Commodity
festishism was already established by the time of the
Renaissance, it just had to be encouraged and extrapolated by the
invention of the assembly line.  He however was the first to call
it what it was and is.

Your mention of that old book by Orwell reminded me of when my
uncle, after he arrived home from being in WW2, read it and kept
talking about it, mostly to our reactionary parents, so I never
caught on to what it was about. (I'm sure dad was worried that we
might start asking questions.)

Still haven't read it. So many books, so little time.........

Joanna