[Buddha-l] Request for help from learned members of this list

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Thu May 14 11:15:54 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/14/2009 11:21:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
mburch5717 at aol.com writes:

I would like to undertake a broad and in-depth study of Buddhism  including
Buddhist practice with the goal of becoming a better Buddhist but am  at a
loss?as to what to do.

In giving me your advice on what to do it  may help you to realize that I'm
a married man, 56 years of age who lives  approximately an hour south of
Los Angeles, CA.
====
My advice is for you to do 20% study and 80% practice. Develop a  daily
meditation practice. Find a meditation group near you and visit their  meetings
at least once or twice a month. There are lots of groups in Los  Angeles.
Go on a 3-10 day meditation retreat once a year. Try to live a moral  life
according to the 8_Fold Path.

I am assuming from what you wrote that your interest was becoming a
Buddhist and not to become a Buddhist scholar.

Jack

**************Dell Mini Netbooks: Great deals starting at $299 after
instant savings!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222627952x1201458914/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214819460%3B36680227%3Bi)