[Buddha-l] David Lopez's book on Science and Buddhism

Alberto Todeschini at8u at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 26 16:34:46 MDT 2009

Dear All,

I think a more apt title would be something like "Buddhism and
Rationality in the second half of the 19th century and early 20th."

I felt like I had read most of the book elsewhere. And I found it a
little thin on substance.

I think the blurbs are, as always, exaggerated.

The chapter on neuroscience is particularly bad. Perhaps Lopez felt like
he had to say something about it since it is such a hot topic, but he
doesn't come across as being qualified for the task.

In short, a disappointing read.

Best,

Alberto Todeschini