[Buddha-l] David Lopez's book on Science and Buddhism

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 26 14:55:49 MDT 2009

Jim Peaver asks:
> David Lopez Jr apparently has a new book about Science and Buddhism.
> Does anyone on this list know about it? I have just read a review of
> it that makes it seem (possibly unintentionally) a bit squirrelly.

Then it must be by Lopez, who's been certifiable squirrel-food for years.
(Chasing the hot topic of the day is the other shoe dropping.) To the extent
he wants to his continue his post-colonial diatribe, he would have to insist
that Buddhism is NOT science. To the extent he wants to follow current hot
interest, viz. science (esp. neuroscience, etc.) and Buddhism / meditation /
physics / medicine / etc., he would have allow for crumbs and teasers. Is
that why it's squirrely? An agenda having nothing to do with either Buddhism
or science?

(Haven't seen the book or any blurbs, so this may all be irrelevant)

Dan