[Buddha-l] belief and metaphysics

Jayarava jayarava at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 14 01:57:07 MDT 2009

Hi Robert,

Fine. I accept the clarifications of what you think you and I have said except for this one.

> 6. Finally, it is not correct that the Buddha has nothing
> to say in opposition to metaphysics.

This is not what I said. I say that he readily accepted metaphysics where it suited him, or where he could not avoid them. But since you have defined these instances out of the mainstream you need not take them seriously.

> This is where one needs to choose between the Buddha's central
> insights and the?tradition which has transmitted them.

Well you're not the first person to claim to know the difference. Good luck with that.

Regards
Jayarava