[Buddha-l] Pali Sutta

Kansei kansei at shingonan.de
Tue Mar 10 13:20:12 MDT 2009

Hi Jack,

maybe you have a passage from the Kalama Sutta in remembrance.
Sounds very much like the 1st and 2nd assurance which the Buddha speaks
about at the end of the sutta.
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an03/an03.065.than.html
Maybe you also want to have a look at Piya's work and translation of the
sutta (see on page 30: the four self-assurances)
http://dharmafarer.googlepages.com/an.guttaranikaaya

Hope that helps!

Mike