[Buddha-l] new survey of religion in the USA -- the irreligious vs the evangelicals

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Mon Mar 9 13:54:07 MDT 2009

The full report includes Buddhists, but does not count Wiccans
separately at all - rather they are lumped in with New Religious Movements.

Unlike past ARIS reports, Hindus are also not counted separately - but
rather are lumped into "Eastern Religions", along with Zoroastrians,
Taoists, Shintoists, Bahais, Sikkhs AND Buddhists. (That is, Buddhists
"appear" twice - once in our own separate category, a privilege not
granted to Wiccans and Hindus - and once under "Eastern Religions".)

Curt