[Buddha-l] means of ego-inflation

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Mar 4 21:15:06 MST 2009

If you mean dharmachari in the specific sense of member of the
Western Buddhist Order, then I used to be one but resigned a year
ago. I am now a follower of the Middle Way but not a Buddhist,
because it became clear to me that most Buddhists do not give
priority to the Middle Way, and are not prepared to let go of the
many aspects of Buddhist tradition that conflict with it. The
label "Buddhist" just became a burden, and I was struggling
against the traditionalists in the Order all the time.

Best wishes,
Robert

Robert Ellis
Interesting.....would you give a few examples of some aspects of
--what--"official" Buddhism--that conflict with the Middle Way. I
could think of some, But you've given it a lot more thought
certainly than I have, so how about it?

Thanks,
Joanna