[Buddha-l] Tulku

Robert Leverant roblev at sonic.net
Wed Jun 3 08:13:43 MDT 2009

 I took a teaching from a very respected, influential, outspoken and  high
lama who said that the process of  identifying a tulku was now corrupt and
worthless. He compared it to parents wanting their children to get into an
important college and were able, by means and influence, to affect a choice
of Ivy League school so that honor was cast on their family.  Think Yale and
George Bush.

The lama was Dzongzar Kyentse Rinpoche, himself a Tulku. See
http://www.khyentsefoundation.org/lineage.html
He directed the movies "The Cup" and " Travellers and Magicians"
His activity on behalf of preserving the Dharma is phenomenal.

Whether H.H.  and his Oracle were involved in this decision for this tulku
from Madrid, I don¹t know... Suggestion in article is yes