[Buddha-l] Website of the Arya Sanghata Sutra

Jayarava jayarava at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 11:55:10 MDT 2009

-- On Fri, 31/7/09, Curt Steinmetz <curt at cola.iges.org> wrote:

> In the Buddhadharma there is neither "self" nor "other". Those who cling
> to the idea that one must "do" whatever it is that must be done on
> one's own without any assistance from "others" have failed to
> even scratch the surface of the Buddha's teaching of anatman.

It strikes me that the more absolutely the 'Facts' of existence are stated, the less likely they seem and the less convincing is the person stating them. Insightful folks, in my experience, tend to be a lot more flexible in their thinking, to tolerate ambiguity, and to avoid dogmatic absolutes.

BTW If there is no self or other then it's all the same right(?), and I'm in need of some financial assistance from "others", and so could you give me all of your money? There's a paypal button on my website - visiblemantra.org. All credit cards accepted.

Thanks.
Jayarava