[Buddha-l] Prominent Neobuddhist proposes religion based blacklisting for government jobs

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Thu Jul 30 15:48:24 MDT 2009

The standard that Harris proposes for screening out candidates for
prominent positions at government funded research institutions would
eliminate most Buddhists. Stephen Batchelor and Richard Hayes would be
safe, but anyone who, for example, believes in either karma or rebirth
would, if they are lucky, still be allowed to walk the streets, but only
if they are taking their meds. Anyone who believes in BOTH, obviously,
would be locked up.
Curt