[Buddha-l] Evil

Vicente Gonzalez vicen.bcn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:39:44 MDT 2009

Jayarava wrote:

J> I've never found the Buddhist explanations for the existence of
J> evil very satisfying,

always it's difficult to know if first was satisfaction or unsatisfaction.

J> It seems to me that if we
J> start by accepting the idea that the job of a Buddha is to save all
J> beings, then we'd have to conclude on the evidence that the Buddha
J> is pretty useless and possibly getting worse.

maybe because you start from the humble presupposition that you know
what is the world and what is a Buddha. And as you says, it seems your
Buddha cannot save your world; it would be pretty useless and possibly
getting worse.

Sounds quite logical.

best regards,