[Buddha-l] Ordination and Vinaya

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Jul 22 11:04:08 MDT 2009

I can't find a translation for the Latin term 'gremium'--tried
online Latin-English dictionary to no avail--what I got was
umentionable, actually.
JK
=========
 Behalf Of schnipp schnupp
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:20 AM

Dear Readers from abroad,
[......]

I want to ask you if you have a gremium for the ordained in the
US and can provide me with an address. According to the Vinaya it
is not restricted to countries when problems like that occur. We
found out that another obviously fake Vietnamese monk, Thich Nhat
Hanh, co-founded a limited company here with 10.000 Euro which
violates one of the Patimokkha rules. We wanted to bring it to
the attention of the DBO. They refused to deal with it. I really
want to check if they would do the same in the US where Thich
Nhat Hanh seems to be as popular as here.

That's it. The Vinaya is dead in the west. It is just something
that teachers play with to abuse their power.

Guido Keller