[Buddha-l] women & , er, religion

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Jul 22 10:55:31 MDT 2009

" Coyotes use only Apte. "

Ok but is Apte online? MW is.

JK
===========

 Richard Hayes
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:03 AM

On Jul 22, 2009, at 1:28 AM, Jayarava wrote:

> I must say that it's a strange experience to have someone on
the net
> asking questions about the FWBO without overt hostility... it's
kind
> of confusing.

Hey! I was overtly hostile! Don't I get any credit for that?
(And, by the way, it may be that Monier-Williams does not agree
with Coyote, but Coyote thinks MW is a pile of roadrunner dung.
Coyotes use only Apte. So put that in your hookah and smoke it.)

> There used to be a lot of criteria for becoming a mitra which
made it
> quite difficult, but a couple of years ago they changed it so
that you
> just have to want to do it.

You mean mitras no longer have to be vegetarians and to renounce
abortion as evil on their way to their daily meditation sessions?
God, how standards have fallen!

Dayamati Dharmachari (even though I flunked the acid test of a
mitra by remaining pro-choice on the abortion issue)