[Buddha-l] The Case for God

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 9 04:43:36 MDT 2009

Piya Tan schreef:

> I am now working on an article on "The Body in Buddhism" which inspired me
> to reflect on "The Person in Buddhism." I have to work on the former for a
> good doctrinal ground, but more enjoy writing the latter.
>
> Thanks for reading this, and good for you if you feel some deligh about itt.
> There are less than a handful ears here in this philistine Singapore that I
> can speak so richly with.

Hi Piya,

I'm very interested in your project. Could you please keep me posted? I'm preparing a project myself about body and mind interaction, based on the phenomenology of Merleau-Ponty. My starting point is that the body is transient, but corporality is not. I hope even to show that corporality is nothing short of emptiness itself and that pratItya samutpAda has a lot in common with the concept of flesh in Merleau-Ponty's late works.

Erik

Info: www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
Weblog: http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950
Productie: http://www.olivepress.nl