[Buddha-l] the seeds of manas and achetypes

Elvin Eldridge elvineldridge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 04:52:12 MDT 2009

> --- On Wed, 8/7/09, Dan Lusthaus <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> How about:
>>
>> apples = oranges = orangatans = garlic = shoelaces = bad idea
>>
>> Now we can affirm all is truly one!

I can follow the connections between apples and oranges (fruits) and
between oranges and orangatangs (both have "orang") but after that to
me the logic breaks off.

I think the big difference is a problem of interpretation of schools.
Mr. Lusthaus is I think a follower of the Indian and Chinese
Yogacarinn and the Hosso Rev. Tagawa is a follower of the Japanese
Yogacarin (actually Hosso = "Japanese Yogocarin").

According to the Hosso Rev. Tagawa the manas ("which contains the
seeds") is representing continuity. Also we can say that the achetypes
and the Ego of Mr. Tao also represent the continuity. This way my
diagram could still explain the comparative aspect.

Elvin