[Buddha-l] Extreme practice

Christopher Fynn cfynn at gmx.net
Tue Jul 7 00:46:56 MDT 2009

The Theravada vipassana teacher Anagarika Munindra who lived in Bodhgaya
told me that, when the Tibetan refugees first arrived in India, he
several times saw Tibetans at the Mahabodhi stupa hold fingers up and
burn them as offerings, like offering butter lamps.

Other fairly extreme forms of practice include Tibetan pilgrims going
right across Tibet and round Mt Kailash doing full length prostrations
all the way.

- Chris