[Buddha-l] Clay Sanskrit Library closed June 30th

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Jul 3 14:48:15 MDT 2009

Bad news---
Joanna

-----Original Message-----
From: Indology on behalf of isabelle onians
Sent: Fri 7/3/2009 5:11 AM
To: INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk

Dear Colleagues,

The TLS review of the CSL is available on the press page of our
CSL
website:
http://www.claysanskritlibrary.org/press.php.

Aditya Behl's piece (
http://www.claysanskritlibrary.org/press/CSL_TLSReview_200906.php
) does not actually say that the series is being discontinued
because of poor sales, although one can see how that inference
might have been drawn from his adjacent mention of the quarrel
between Lakshmi and Sarasvati.

The series has indeed now been closed down, as of June 30 just
gone, although we are still sending a last clutch of new titles
to press to appear on bookshelves in September (
http://www.claysanskritlibrary.org/volumes.php?show=12).

The final list will comprise 56 volumes:
http://www.claysanskritlibrary.org/volumes_current.php.

Yours truly,

Isabelle
(Onians)