[Buddha-l] David Lynch and Paul McCartney promote TM in schools

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 08:45:08 MST 2009

In a message dated 1/30/2009 7:52:14 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jehms at xs4all.nl writes:

> Many forget, or are not aware, that separation of church and state  as a
> central foundation of government is, if not unique to the  US, the US  is
one of
> the very few countries where it has the  importance that it does.   In the
UK and
> most other  European countries the governments financially support  the
>  various religions, and religious beliefs are taught in public (that is,
> governmentally funded) schools as religion, not as a social  science.
===
I have not been following this thread so this might have already been  said.
Gary Wills has an interesting book out called Head and Heart:  American
Christianities. One of the points he makes is that the US is a  very religious
country as compared to the UK and the continent because of its  unique separation
of church and state. A state supported religion stifles  religion's influence
and growth. A religious free market is good for  religion.

Jack

**************Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your
credit score.
(http://www.walletpop.com/credit/credit-reports?ncid=emlcntuswall00000002)