[Buddha-l] Wealth and excess

Alberto Todeschini at8u at virginia.edu
Thu Jan 15 16:01:32 MST 2009

Richard Hayes wrote:

> One feature of American society that has been making an increasingly big
> impression on me recently is how utterly incompetent the justice system
> has been for most of my life, especially since 1980 (the beginning of
> the Reagan era that may or may not come to end on January 21).

I just came across Reagan and Thatcher in this essay about kindness
being out of fashion:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jan/03/society-politics

The article mentions a host of other people, such as Hume, Rousseau,
Freud and Richard Dawkins. I imagine the book introduced by this article
would make interesting and relevant reading for Buddhists.

Best,

Alberto Todeschini