[Buddha-l] Enneagram and Buddhism

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:40:17 MST 2009

Richard,

> > I think we should meet more happy meditating monks and find out why
> > they have chosen such a life.
>
> There is nothing special about monks, but I agree that most of benefit
> by  meeting more happy people who have a daily contemplative practice of
> some sort. Such people exist when one looks for them and can be found in
> every walk of life and in every religious tradition.
>
> --
> Richard Hayes (Dayāmati Dharmachari)

Yes, I must add that I am coming to that kind of feeling, too. However, it
is very unlikely for me to meet any such "Christian" here in Singapore, as
their situation right now is somewhat like the Dark Ages. The non-Catholics
do not want to have anything to do with anyone outside their tribe.

And the Buddhists here are becoming tribal, too. Titles and skin colour also
count very much here: so "Dharmacari", "Ven Dr," and such are an asset. Many
natives are still friendly here. A silver lining: I'm sure we do not have
Republicans here, although SIngapore is a republic.

Interestingly I get a lot ofn non-Buddhists coming for my classes, too, esp
the meditation. At the moment, they are mostly the troubled ones. I think
it's a matter of time when the happy ones  come.

With metta,

Piya