[Buddha-l] Enneagram and Buddhism

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Jan 10 17:17:09 MST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 14:02 -0700, jkirk wrote:

> Joanna (referred to usually as jkirk on this list even though
> others are referred to by their name--oh well, a rose by any
> other name, etc) wrote this:

This has been explained before, but some people may like to see it
again. Most e-mail programs have a formula for identifying the sender of
a message, and they use that information to set up an automatically
generated statement like the one at the top of this message. If you
would like to be called by your name, all you need do is set up your
e-mail client properly by putting your name in the name field of the
preferences. Then your e-mails will go out with a return address that
looks like this: Joanna Kirkpatrick <jkirk at etc>. If you leave the name
fields blank in your e-mail setup, most e-mail programs will foolishly
take the material to the left of the @-sign in your email address as
your name.

Without knowing which e-mail program you use, I can't give more specific
guidance.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy