[Buddha-l] Sangharakshita's Memoir

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Feb 20 11:21:42 MST 2009

Following up on the earlier posted link, I found this:

http://response.fwbo.org/guardian-article/guardian.html

"Between 1997 and 1999 a concerted but anonymous campaign was
conducted against the FWBO by unnamed critics. These critics
produced a lengthy document called The FWBO Files which prompted
some hostile publicity. The FWBO Files and the ensuing publicity
are still available on the internet and will understandably raise
concerns about the FWBO for some readers."

and

"On Monday 27th of October [1997] The Guardian published an
article by it's Religious Affairs Editor, Madeleine Bunting,
entitled "The Dark Side of Enlightenment."

Seems the above Guardian article got morphed into the anonymous
FWBO Files internet pages.

Concluding my participation in this interlude, I'll just add that
S's Memoir is good writing and took me back to another time that
I missed out on in India. Internecine conflicts and errors are
typical of all human organizations, my main reason for steering
clear of them while continuing to learn about those among them
that are beneficial -- seriously or unseriously.

Joanna