[Buddha-l] Lamas and such

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Fri Dec 4 14:11:51 MST 2009

Hmmmm, at first I got a laugh out of this one, but then I began
to think about it (please someone, don't say "always a mistake")
and recalled that her religion didn't last as compared to the
main world religions; therefore it wasn't major.

Aside from little pockets of theosophists still practicing here
and there, theosophy as instituted by Mmme. Blavatsky didn't
overtake the world. But it did have influence on popular culture.
Also, could the Indian branch of theosophy still be the main
outpost?

JK

On Dec 4, 2009, at 10:35 AM, S. A. Feite wrote:

> Today she'd just be considered a trance channeler who wrote
> imaginative novels with little basis in fact.

How exactly would that distinguish her from any founder of a
major religion of the world?

Richard