[Buddha-l] HHDL vigil

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Wed Aug 26 07:45:47 MDT 2009

 "If you do the same experiment with humans, once you move the
cheese, they will sit at the place they last saw cheese and wait
for it to return -- in effect, they will starve to death."

How silly---if this were true of humans there never would have
been any cultural expansion, any science, and the species would
have died out.
Now the problem world-wide is to limit species fertility.
Joanna
======================

We're all waiting for something, I guess.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/world/asia/26dalailama.html?_r=
1&hp

An insightful psychologist once said that, psychologically, the
difference between mice and humans is, if you put a piece of
cheese in a maze, and let a mouse find it, and then move the
cheese, the mouse may go up and down the same corridors a few
times looking for that cheese in its expected place, but it soon
starts looking in other corridors for cheese. If you do the same
experiment with humans, once you move the cheese, they will sit
at the place they last saw cheese and wait for it to return -- in
effect, they will starve to death.

Dan