[Buddha-l] The state of buddha-l: a brief report

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 15 21:10:45 MDT 2009

Joanna,

> 'sites'?
> cites is the word...........

Sure is. Thanks.

> So observant list readers (not the philistines you imagine)

On the contrary, I was giving all the wise buddha-l readers every benefit of
the doubt, and was distinctly indicating that they are not philistines. What
I said was:

> >Only a philistine would fail to recognize this is pulled out of
> >context ...

That assumes everyone would recognize it is out of context, since they are
not philistines. Sorry if the rhetorical usage was misleading. What I was
suggesting was that the pillorying of an out of context message for being
out of context would have to have been done by someone who thought the
readership was sufficiently philistine to be fooled by that ploy.

Dan