[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Aug 14 19:27:57 MDT 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 4:55 PM, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> You give me way too much credit. I only reiterated standard Buddhist
> fare.

Buddhist fare is much too varied to warrant regarding any one style as
standard.

> I also like James (he used to live not far from where I presently
> dwell),
> but not as a substitute for Buddhist philosophers.

I do not like James as a substitute for Buddhists, but as a good way
for a person living in the United States in our times to approach
Buddhist philosophers.

> Since this is buddha-l, it is curious to find oneself being slammed
> for
> offering Buddhist viewpoints.

First of all, no one slammed you for anything. But if one were to slam
you, it would not be for offering Buddhist viewpoints but for failing
to make the long journey from the fourth century to the twenty-first.

Richard