[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Aug 14 10:45:26 MDT 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Mike Austin wrote:

> Be careful now. If I stop thinking, you will disappear.

You claim to be innocent of the names of philosophers, Mike, but you
have unwittingly echoed an interesting version of a French philosopher
named René Descartes (Reborn of the Menus), who studied at Leiden
University but was eventually denounced even by the notoriously open-
minded Nederlanders. He said "I think, therefore I am." That's
tolerably close to what you said: "I think, therefore you are."

Cheers,
Richard van Albuquerque