[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Thu Aug 13 15:14:26 MDT 2009

Dan Lusthaus <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> writes

"You wrote the "it" word because you think there is something not here
now, or at least not presently in evidence here, that, should it be
obtained --  dare I say "apprehended" -- would either set everything
straight, or would be the climactic satisfying achievement. An "it" you
desire but do not have."

Nope. You continue to miss my point, so I will leave it there.

"Dukkha maybe, but now you have two things on the to-get list: "wisdom"
and "reality". In your narrative, they are a pair. To get/apprehend
reality, one needs to acquire special 3-D goggles called "wisdom."
Reality can only be viewed through those goggles."

Again, no.

"Were you to own your own words, and not try to put them in my mouth, we
would have a clearer, more honest discussion."

Putting forward my understanding of what you say is honest. If I were to
echo your words as if I understood them as they stand, that would indeed
be dishonest. I use the words 'seem' and 'appear' so as not to put words
in your mouth. In your first paragraph above, you seem to not merely put
words in my mouth but put thoughts in my mind.

Anyway, it was good while it lasted. I have come away being a little bit
wiser, so thanks for that.

--
Metta
Mike Austin