[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Wed Aug 12 05:22:16 MDT 2009

Jayarava <jayarava at yahoo.com> writes

"You've shown us an example of the lower order process of pattern
recognition. It's about seeing gestalts, not adding or subtracting."

I have shown you no order at all. From the appearance of a few pixels on
the screen, you came to your own conclusions.

"I could read what you wanted me to read, though not as fast, and I
don't think it would be possible to completely misunderstand what words
were intended (though clearly what the phenomena itself means is more
ambiguous)."

You think you know what I wanted you to read, but you cannot be certain.
It is just a reasonable working hypothesis.  As long as you are aware of
that - i.e. of what you are doing - then you are being mindful.

"We seem to have strayed even further from the topic of pace... I'm
still interested in that."

One cannot stray without some pace.

--
Metta