[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Wed Aug 12 04:53:41 MDT 2009

Dan Lusthaus <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> writes
 >> Are we not constantly absorbed in our own interpretations?

 >Ah! Now you are starting to sound like a Yogacara. What you describe is
 >exactly what they labeled vij~napti-maatra.

Recognising that one is absorbed in one's own interpretations does not
necessarily mean that one assents to that being the ultimate nature of
things. If one appreciates that absorption in one's interpretations is
only through ignorance, then one begins to sound less like a Yogacarin.

--
Metta
Mike Austin