[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Wed Aug 12 02:19:20 MDT 2009

Jayarava <jayarava at yahoo.com> writes

>I'm not sure how this relates to the claim that one can do things fast
>and still be mindful?

It shows how much we add from our own side and how much we ignore. There
is interpretation without retention of the errors, although we know they
are there. We could read it quite fast and understand, or so we thought.
But what if it had been some code that had to be remembered exact to the
character? And what of the font, the number of pixels and so on? Some of
what we see has to be discarded. So what is it that we are being mindful
of anyway? Are we not constantly absorbed in our own interpretations?

--
Metta
Mike Austin