[Buddha-l] The Toulmiin link and sharing the joke

R B Basham bshmr at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 09:06:31 MDT 2009

JK and Dan,

Stating related facts, as with Microsoft Help, may be essentially
useless.

To restate, 'ChangeMinds.Org' gets revenue from Google and the
LinkedPage mentions 'hearing', so GoogleAds sends 'hearing' related ads.
That is Google's angle, niche, specialty; the 'search' and other
functions are simply the 'glitz' that gets customers in -- to look at
adverts. W'all know this.

What many do not know is that it is possible to have one's browser
exclude URLs which contain any reference to "*doubleclick*",
"*googleads*", and so on. [Tangent] Some charge their obedient PC slaves
with reviewing every little bit and throwing out an ever increasing
number of suspected advertising frames/packets. NTYC, owners have been
known to 'have fits', flog their PCs, and demand ever more scrutiny.
NTAC, infrequently, the 'big house' becomes over-full with servants
which necessitates a newer, bigger, all-things-desirable mansion -- er,
PC. Such is the karma of those who grasp and fear or who pursue the
single-point and void. [/Tangent]

Thus, it is possible that 'your' view of a HTML Page differs from 'my'
view as well as both differing from "Dan's" view.

Along these lines, I abhor 'moving' and 'blinking' fluff so, typically,
I disable Images and J-Script until needed plus refuse to use 'Flash'
yet Pages still render/display adequate for use, or to cue that I need
to change Setting(s) and Refresh. Again, 'your' view will most likely
differ from 'my' view yet the 'body' of the Page would be viewed by
both. TTBOMK, neither suffer and we both 'surf' the WWW.

Richard Basham

FYI:
On the Changing Minds.org HomePage, the Advert/Hotlink, "Hearing Aid
Buyer's Guide; Models, Features & Specs Free Guide for Expert Advice",
has this Properties/URL <RightClick>:
"http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/...http://www.hearingplanet.com/hearing-aid-guide.php%3Fsource%3Dgoogle-ct-display&nm=76".