[Buddha-l] NYTimes.com: More Atheists Shout It From the Rooftops

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Apr 29 09:24:36 MDT 2009

This woman has what might be called a Buddhist attitude:

_Loretta Haskell, the church musician, said: "I did struggle at
one point as to whether or not I should be making music in
churches, given my position on things. But at the same time I
like using my music to move people, to give them comfort. And
what I've found is, I am not one of the humanists who feels that
religion is a bad thing."_

Joanna

This page was sent to you by: jmp at peavler.org

This is an interesting article in regard to recent polls etc.

US | April 27, 2009
More Atheists Shout It From the Rooftops By LAURIE GOODSTEIN
Organized atheist groups liken their strategy to the gay-rights
movement, which lifted off when members of a scorned minority
went public.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/us/27atheist.html?emc=eta1

-