[Buddha-l] Kashyapa question (Bob and Piya)

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 18 12:22:47 MDT 2009

Hello Bob and Piya,
Thank you for the replies and information here. As for Shenhui and
John McRae (combining your two mentions), I see in Seeing through
Zen (p. 55) that Shenhui mentions Kashyapa but not the flower
demonstrating story. And in Andy Ferguson's Zen's Chinese Heritage
(pp. 57ff.), I see a little bit on Ho-tse (Heze in Pinyin), but again nothing
on Kashyapa and the flower. Did you write anything on this topic, or
is anything written, tracing the story back to Shenhui?
Piya: may your links to the internet and your emails be reinstituted
easily and either mundanely or miraculously through the intervention
of the good forces of the universe.
Mitchell G.

Homepage (updated 17 April 09): http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa

See also http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa/mentalhealth.html