[Buddha-l] Buddhism at the APA

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Apr 13 14:01:51 MDT 2009

From:  Jayarava
On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 4:15 AM, Jayarava wrote:

> I think Richard has signed off to go back to his lucrative book contract,

If I'm the referent of the name used in the sentence cited above, I would love
to know more about the lucrative book contract mentioned in the same
sentence. I could use some lucre about now. (By the way, does lucre come in
any flavor other than filthy? If there is some clean lucre, I'll have some of
that, please.) Meanwhile, I have two more non-lucrative writing commitments
to finish, after which I'll think about signing back on to buddha-l.

I got back from Vancouver yesterday after attending the annual meetings of the
Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association. There were
several excellent panels on Asian philosophy, including papers on Buddhist
philosophy. (Buddha-l veteran Ashok Aklujkar drove several of us around
Vancouver and pointed out all the things we might have seen if it had been a
sunny day. We thus came to know about Vancouver through śābdapramāṇa.)

Talk about buddha-l at the APA was incessant, most probably because it was
also beginningless. It's always good to see something anādi showing up at the
APA.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy