[Buddha-l] Deshpande

Jayarava jayarava at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 09:06:08 MDT 2008

For better or worse I am learning Sanskrit from Deshpande's saṃskṛtasubodhinī at Cambridge University (as an informal student). My teacher, having set the text, is not entirely complimentary about Deshpande's approach and keeps giving us handouts from Coulson, so maybe for the worse?

Having found model answers to Warder's Intro to Pali invaluable, I was looking around for model answers to the exercises in Deshpande and can't find any. As I'm working through them anyway, I was thinking about putting my answers on my website. I could do with some help in both answer checking and proof reading to make these valuable to other students and maybe even teachers. I'm all set up for Unicode diacritics and even देवनागरि.

Anyone want to to contribute? Contact me off list if you can help.

Thanks
Jayarava