[Buddha-l] [Fwd: PEACE Quote]

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Oct 22 09:57:57 MDT 2008

Denizens,

The folks over at livingcompassion.org are once again quoting someone
whom they call the Buddha. I must have spent my life reading the wrong
Buddhist texts; perhaps I should read them in the original English. In
any case, they have once again come up with a Buddhavacana that had
completely escaped my attention. Anyone know of a source for this gem,
in which the Buddha sounds remarkably like a recent graduate of Brigham
Young University?

We do not possess our home, our children, or even our own body. They are
only given to us for a short while to treat with care and respect.
- The Buddha

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy