[Buddha-l] ?????

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Oct 10 13:22:00 MDT 2008

Funny--love clever ethnocentric aspersions, & this NZ one is
good.

Yes, I'm convinced that this land is not "my land" anymore, to
paraphrase a once
popular song. We've discussed collective karma on the list a few
times over the years I've been
on it, anyway, and now IMO, as a country of sheeple who allowed
all the mayhem, violence, and corruption of the years since the
'sainted' Ronnie Ray-gun: we are getting our just desserts.

The only Buddhist reference I can think of right now is that in
his time kings only conquered territories, they didn't use armies
to put their own people under the yoke (as we are now threatened
with here). In fact capitalism had not yet been invented--there's
another reference to the Buddha's times. Commerce existed,
yes--global commerce even existed--but not capitalism.

No cheers,
Joanna
=======