[Buddha-l] ?????

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Oct 9 08:43:01 MDT 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008 08:15:00 Jim Peavler wrote:

> Most of our current population here (excepting the natives) came here
> because they were starving, and only became criminals later.

Be fair, Jim. You can hardly expect people to refrain from criminal activities
when they no longer have slaves to do their work for them. Besides, there was
a whole continent lying there just waiting to be stolen from the people who
had been living there for thousands of years. It would have taken superhuman
powers NOT to indulge in criminal behavior.

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy