[Buddha-l] ?????

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Oct 7 22:54:20 MDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 21:46 -0600, jkirk wrote:

> I'm pleased to know that black holes eventually will decay--even
> if only theoretically.

Thank heavens we have that important topic resolved.

New idea. Rather than shutting down buddha-l altogether, I suggest we
simply change the name to something suggesting that it has now become a
forum for the discussion of highly technical issues by people who have
little or no understanding of them. (Isn't that the essence of the
Internet? And of Republican Vice Presidential candidates?) How about
calling the list avidya-l?

I'll kick off the discussions on avidya-l tomorrow with a detailed
analysis of the worldwide credit crisis, a topic about which I know
quite a bit less than nothing (but that's a lot more than I know about
Buddhism).

--
Richard