[Buddha-l] Buddhist ethics and genetic engineering

S.A. Feite sfeite at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 26 18:18:46 MST 2008

Dear Katherine:

While clearly a spoof (I hope!) it does raise the question I've long
followed: isn't DNA our honest karmic footprint as homo sapiens and as
a sentient life-form? And if "yes" what does that say about "cut and
pasting" ancient karmic fragments of differing sentient beings for our
egoic satisfaction? Need a tomato that will never freeze during a
frost? Why not take the DNA of a flounder (which can be froze solid
and survive) with a common tomato? [You laugh. This was done and had
been in your supermarket, most likely unlabeled, for years now].

Puhleeze give me the fortitude to keep my hands away from the necks of
these maniacs I say. Demand GMO labeling laws NOW.

S.A. Feite
Bucksport, Maine