[Buddha-l] buddha-l Digest, Vol 45, Issue 16

Gary Gach gary.gach at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 12:17:19 MST 2008

>>By the way, one of the well-documented activities that can effectively
>> increase subjective happiness is precisely doing voluntary work and
>> helping others

Caro Alberto

Not in any way to challenge the assertion but for purposes of my readership
i wonder if you recall any documentation?  (Bernie Siegel, for instance,
documents how cancer patients in support groups have more favorable
outcomes).  Tante grazie!

as for happiness, you may not but i sure find it interesting that Jefferson
originally never put happiness in originally, but included it as an
afterthought ... and (2) how often we hear of dukkha but so seldom of
sukkha; is it 'cos it's so hard to translate into our lexicon?

p.s.  thanx for the citations, Franz; many are indeed complete surprises

Gary Gach
http://www.redroom.com/author/gary-g-gach
may all beings
be well