[Buddha-l] Sharon Stone and Karma

[DPD Web] Shen Shi'an shian at kmspks.org
Wed May 28 20:47:46 MDT 2008

My response to Stone's remark is this...

Karma : Is It?

Q: Isn't it their negative karma that they are suffering?
A: If it isn't negative karma, I don't know what it is. But it is hard
to tell what specific karma was created to deserve the suffering - the
causes can be mixed with common collective karma and different
individuals' karma. But that is not the point at all. The point is that
the negative karma of being uncompassionate is created by us when we
heartlessly turn away when they need help.

Q: Why should those suffering from negative karma expect help?
A: If you are in their shoes - would you appreciate help? Your answer is
the answer.

(to be blogged in www.moonpointer.com soon)