[Buddha-l] 2008 Dzogchen Lineage Spring Retreat

Sean Young seandavidyoung at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:11:53 MDT 2008

2008 DZOGCHEN LINEAGE SPRING RETREAT

A week of intensive Buddhist training with Dzogchen Khenpo Choga
Rinpoche

Spring Retreat – Sunday, April 20, 2008 to Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dzogchen Buddha Institute and the Dzogchen Lineage are pleased to
announce that Dzogchen Khenpo Choga Rinpoche will lead the 4th Annual
Dzogchen Spring Retreat with Teachings on The Six Bardo Instructions
starting Sunday, April 20th, 2008 and ending on Sunday, April 27th,
2008. This will be the first time in America that Khenpo Choga
Rinpoche has taught extensively on The Six Bardo Instructions. The
retreat will also include in-depth and direct teachings by Khenpo
Choga Rinpoche on the sacred text The Buddha Path and he will also
lead us in many practices including mantra recitation, reciting
sacred text, visualizations, music making, light offerings, torma
offerings, and food offerings. The teachings will be given at our
beautiful retreat facility near Eugene, Oregon.

Seating is limited, so please register early. Register now at:
www.dzogchenlineage.org/schedule.html
Please Contact: Hazlitt Krog, 415-846-3618, hazlitt at gmail.com

About The Six Bardo Instructions
The Tibetan Buddhist term "Bardo" means "between two" and commonly
understood as the interval between death and rebirth. In truth, a
bardo is an "intermediate" state marking key phases in our lives
where we can heighten our potential for enlightenment. The Six bardos
refer to the states of the life bardo (between birth and dying), the
meditation bardo (between entering and exiting), the dream bardo
(between sleeping and waking), the departing bardo (between dying and
death), the natural bardo (between arising and disappearing), and the
illusion bardo (between death and rebirth).

Guru Padmasambhava Khyenno!
May I liberate the ceaseless death and rebirth
of this wandering ignorant mind.
May I liberate this beginningless
and endless wandering ignorant mind.
May I rest this wandering ignorant mind
in the natural great perfection.
AH AH AH
—from The Buddha Path

NOTE: The 2008 Spring Retreat will be the final opportunity for
Dzogchen Internship Applicants to fulfill the requirement of having
attended at least one seasonal retreat with Khenpo Choga Rinpoche.

DZOGCHEN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM

The Dzogchen Shri Singha Foundation is honored to announce the first
Six-month Dharma Training Retreat at the Dzogchen Retreat Center USA.
This intensive course will focus on establishing a solid foundation
of knowledge in the view, meditation and conduct of Dharma. Under the
daily guidance of H.E. Dzogchen Khenpo Choga Rinpoche, students will
observe a full-time schedule of practice and study based on the
traditions of the great Buddhist universities of ancient India and
Tibet. This program will help students deepen their understanding and
enhance their ability to clearly teach others. Space is filling up
quickly, so apply soon.

Internship Overview and Online Application:

http://www.dzogchenlineage.org/internship/

The Internship Committee is also seeking sponsors to financially
support interns and volunteer staff to assist at the Dzogchen Retreat
Center prior to and during the Internship.
Please Contact: Kunzang, Internship Director; 702-343-5833,
internship at dzogchenlineage.org

Sean Young
Director of Public Relations,
Dzogchen Shri Singha Foundation