[Buddha-l] Tibet uprisings

Blumenthal, James james.blumenthal at oregonstate.edu
Tue Mar 18 14:02:21 MDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Curt Steinmetz wrote:

>> I doubt very much that the 15th Dalai Lama will be a pacifist.

>Nah... the 15th DL will be chosen by China - like the existing Panchen
>Lama - and probably by him too - and approved by the People's Congress.

>W.F. Wong

Just like virtually no Tibetans believe the Chinese Panchen Lama is the real one, nobody would believe a Chinese govenernment-chosen  Dalai Lama XV, including one chosen by the Chinese-installed Panchen Lama.  A few months ago the Dalai Lama said he would personally choose the next Dalai Lama before he dies.

Jim Blumenthal