[Buddha-l] Question answered

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sun Jun 29 15:54:46 MDT 2008

On Jun 29, 2008, at 3:30 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 12:43 -0600, Jim Peavler wrote:
>
>> I imagine that people who feel successful
>> probably are.
>
> I reckon that makes George W. Bush the most successful man of the
> century. He's never made a mistake, God approves everything he does,

up to here you are right (according to my cynical rule), but you
suddenly change the rules to sarcastically say "people are successful
if other people [future historians and such] think they are".  That
sets the bar a whole lot higher than I am willing to set it. Your case
might read "people are successful if Republicans think they are",
which still makes Georg's success rating rather limited.