[Buddha-l] Question for academic teachers of Buddhism

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 27 10:51:49 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/27/2008 11:45:15 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
rhayes at unm.edu writes:

The last  Pew poll reports I saw on the subject suggest that the only
society on the  face of the earth more overwhelmed with religiosity than
the United States  is Nigeria. (Another survey suggests that the
educational system in the  United States is almost as good as that of
Nigeria, although our health  care system lags far behind.)
===
Interesting that while people in the US say they  are highly religious, they
are among the world leaders in per capita crime,  murders, divorce, etc. It is
also interesting that in the US, the Red states  (conservative and more
church going) are the leaders in the US in the same  categories. I sense a
disconnect.

Jack